1. Don’t ever ghost, at work or at play. It is the silent treatment of the digital landscape.
2. Spend time with people you can be vulnerable with. Authenticity is sexy.
3. Watch your posture, everyday. Nothing shows age like bad posture.
4. Take control of your health. Doctors are not all-knowing. Trust your intuition.
5. Sleep naked.
6. Breathe. Shallow breaths are exactly that, shallow.
7. Accept death as part of life.
8. Have lusty, healthy sex.
9. When in doubt, go. You’re never sorry if you go.
10. Give others your time instead of gifts.
11. Do not take advice from anyone who tells you how you should dress at your age.
12. Give your body what it needs to serve you. Start with pure coconut oil, head to toe. Or a hike.
13. Give your mind what it needs to serve you. Start with nature. Or a book.
As a doctor, I spend my time giving advice to people. Before I write another blog post, I need to come clean. Let me tell you about last night.
I had a panic attack.
Whether it was an acute stress reaction or panic attack is just semantics.
I looked up cannabis oils on Amazon and I’m not sure which one to get.
I’m hoping you could give me some recommendations.
CBD, medicinal cannabidiol, may be the biggest revolution in medicine in years. This topic definitely will be discussed in more detail in a future post.
CBD is the part of hemp that has healing properties but does not get you high. Of all the many reasons that people use CBD today, pain is the most common.
This is no substitute for checking with your personal doctor about starting CBD. Your medical history and current medications may influence dosing. CBD dosing is not one size fits all, it requires some fine tuning. Less is more when it comes to CBD.
Regarding brands, I am most familiar with Charlotte’s Web (CW). I did not see it on Amazon. I have no monetary connections to this company. These are my most recent CBD purchases:
CW is sold at Community Pharmacy and at CrossFit100 in Glendale, Wisconsin. I spoke with the kickass owner of CrossFit, Marcela, who has had great success with CBD for inflammation and pain.
For localized issues such as knee or wrist pain, I would recommend a topical cream or balm rather than an oil, tincture or edible. Marcela will offer a $5 discount for my Love+Medicine readers . Hemp will now be legally grown in Wisconsin starting next year, which hopefully will lower prices.
I am not familiar with the CBD sold on Amazon. I recommend reading the reviews and looking for something 100% pure and organic.
I hope this helps, CBD is a really hot right now. We doctors we are scrambling to keep up to date and knowledgeable about this potentially life changing treatment.
If you need more personal detailed information, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
My best crop this year? Gogi berries!
They contain the third highest amount of antioxidants of all the foods in the world. Gogi berries have five-hundred times more vitamin C than oranges, more iron than spinach and more beta-carotene than carrots. Rare in fruits, they also contain vitamin E. They even have testosterone and have been used for treatment of erectile dysfunction. Also known as the Happy Berry.
Anyone have creative ideas on how to prepare them?