[quote title=”Leonard Cohen”]
Aging is the most interesting thing in life.
I am now in my 60s. I recognize new behaviors creeping up:
- I worry about falling more. I grab hold of my walking partner on icy or unsteady ground; I like the safe traction of the beach or lawns.
- When going out, instead of trying to figure out what type of food I want I’m really thinking ‘which restaurant has the easiest parking’?
- I’ve had botox injections.
- I’ve given up learning to drive a stick shift.
- I won’t drive on other side, so I won’t be driving in Australia, Ireland or Thailand.
- I use an electric toothbrush.
- I do more mitzvahs.
- I value family more than ever.
- I do not think thong underwear is comfortable.
- I won’t wear an underwire bra.
- I am attracted to women with more voluptuous bodies.
- I don’t have FOMO.
- I stopped the serial travel.
- I don’t use a top sheet.
- I care less about how people judge me or where I live or my lifestyle or my dancing.
- I am more cautious of the people I invest my time with.
- I realize I can miss something or someone but not want it back.
On the other hand some things have not changed.
- I’m still looking for my dream job. I got my first real grown-up job with benefits just recently.
- I work harder and am more passionate about my work today than I ever was, yet people assume I have retired.
- I’m still looking for that little house in Ireland or Italy. Because I can’t afford Tel Aviv.
- I engage in the internet equivalent of bar-room brawls with people on my blog or LinkedIn.
- I relearned to use a sewing machine to boho my jean jackets.
- I miss M every day. (A Murder-Suicide Mystery)
- I still gamble on football.
- I am a proud AAA member.
- I illegally download anything and everything.
- I like rap music.
- I don’t judge weather because I enjoy it all.
- I love being naked.
- I hate routine.
- I always notice cute guys.